Monday, January 22, 2007

My new home

Hey all,
Well I just thought I'd take advantage of my illegal camera phone out here on the rig and let you all know what I get to do so here it is......That is the rig I am currently on. I like the picture of the Gorilla.
That's me in my bright orange coveralls. Apparently easier to spot if I get blown overboard.
I get the bottom bunk. I have no idea who is on the top, but I don't think he was impressed with my 5:30 am wake up call this morning. And I think I had some bad dreams where I may have woke up screaming... O well sucks to be him.
I think the bathroom in the room may challenge Justin's for most multifunctional. Its too small to take a good picture but its about 1.5 ft X 3 ft with the shower in the corner (Drain in the floor) Sink at the other end, with the shitter on the side. Its a tight fit but seems to fit the style of the rig.
All in all the rig is pretty nice. The food is good, too good actually as I am going to have to either start eating less or go to the gym.... or just get fat. Bordem is starting to set in though. We had to set up a mobile unit, which is almost all done, and we won't be logging until Saturday if at all so its lots of down time and just watching movies and such. I really need to remember to bring books next time I go offshore. Guess that's it for now. Please leave fun comments to read and update your blogs. It brings me excitement. O also all the rigs have free international calling anywhere in the world so if you want a call from the North Sea send your phone number and time difference from Grenich Mean Time and I'll see if I'm awake at a reasonable time for you.
Later

Rick XXXXXX SLb Engineer ..... (Happy Now Andrew)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Fat Ricky? I can't picture that! Stay safe and have fun, its good to see that you're adjusting well to your new country.

Fusion said...

Maybe not fat, but definatly bigger. They do say muscle weighs 3 times more than fat. Maybe thats just it